- $3.25 - Baba Ghannoui (side)
- $2.95 - Black Beans with Rice (side)
- $1.99 - Little Athens Fries: “custom cut fresh potatoes and our own spices. made with peanut oil” (side)
- $6.95 - The Rocket wrap: “choice of humus or baba ghannoui; mixed with falafel and marinated whole chick peas, lettuce tomatoes and onions served on grilled kronos bread.”
- $5.45 - Falafel Sandwich: “falafel patties with fresh herbs, crumbled and mixed with tahini sauce, tomatoes, lettuce & onion. served on grilled kronos pita”
As soon as you walk in you understand that this is a family business that has been operating with the same spirit as they have been 30+ years ago. The floor creaks a bit, and the furniture is all quite old. However, all of this adds a history, charm, and personality that not many places in Tallahassee can say they offer. Not to say that the place isn't relatively clean, though, so I have no qualms about the rusticness of it all. Listen, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is most likely the mantra that this restaurant operates on. However, that does not mean there is no room for improvement, as the hummus leaves a lot to be desired. It is, ironically, by far the worst hummus I've ever tried in my life. The two times I tried the hummus it felt like it was sitting for days. There's barely any flavor, and the texture is that of simple ground up chickpeas. It's a shame, because the pita fries are awesome, and they would go great with some smooth hummus and olive oil...How has this place stood the test of time then? It's in the name: their Gyros. Wow, these are amazing. I can only speak for the Vegan one, "The Rocket," and it is super messy, but super delicious. The sauce coats all the ingredients nicely, and there is a unique tangy punch that is softened by the warm and pillowy pita bread it is wrapped in. I can only imagine how the animal-based ones taste, but since both times I came in, Janette was busy with many orders, I can tell it is fantastic. For a price just under $10 and wait times under 5 minutes, you can't go wrong with this place for lunch.